Google
 
Web luanne.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

New Orleans Mardi Gras 2006

The show must go on. I've been to Mardi Gras several times in the
past, but I'm thinking this year will be the most special one ever.
Even though it will be scaled down alot in size, the spirit of
Mardi Gras will live on. I wish I could afford to go this year, as
I'm sure it will be an awesome time of renewal for the residents
of New Orleans after having dealt with the hardships of Hurricane
Katrina. Here is the write up from the New Orleans convention and visitors bureau.


2006 was already primed to be a special year since it marks the 150th anniversary of Mardi Gras parades in New Orleans. Now it has an even greater significance,” said Arthur Hardy, author of the Mardi Gras Guide.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web luanne.blogspot.com