Google
 
Web luanne.blogspot.com

Sunday, April 16, 2006

What is Reggaeton

All I can say is "Reggaeton is HOT" This description below tells it all. If you want to get down and dance to some awesome non-country music, then come hang out with me and I'll turn you onto some awesome dance music. It's all the rage. Reggaeton is awesome!! woo hoo Some call it "black puerto rico" My friend Raquel is puerto rican and this girl just LOVES this stuff. Now if I could just learn how to say it with that roll in the tongue lol You go girl. Bring it to life in Port Allamagheny ;-) lol

Reggaeton is a type of Spanish language dance music developed in Puerto Rico in the mid-1990s. It has now become popular in other Latin American countries. Reggaeton - also spelled Reggaetón and hispanicised as Reguetón - blends dancehall and hip hop genres, with additional influences from electronic, bomba, plena, and other styles. This gives Reggaeton its distinct Latin touch.

Source:

And this link is simply relevant to me. I personally love this type of music which my son has turned me onto. I can't get enough of it, but shhhhh, don't tell my son. lol Top 50 R & B/Hip Hop Songs

Daddy Yankee is currently the number one Reggaeton singer with top hits such as "Gasolina" LOVE IT!!!

Ayala's rapid ascent to wealth and fame is a result of the hit song Gasolina, from his 2004 album "Barrio Fino". The album has sold over 1,000,000 copies in Puerto Rico alone and has also sold well in the United States and Europe. He has appeared on over 70 albums, including compilations such as; "Más Flow 2" and "Blin Blin Vol. 1". Ayala is famous for recording songs in both English and Spanish, although the latter is more prominently used. Ayala first became involved in recording music in the early 1990s alongside DJ Playero, a pioneer of reggaeton music. He has also performed with Nicky Jam, Luny Tunes, DJ Blass, DJ Eric, Eliel, Nas, DJ Tony Touch and many others. In Italy, his international hit Gasolina is being used in a TV Ad campaign for the new 2006 Citroën C2 Deejay. The commercial will run through the spring and summer 2005

In 2005, Ayala was cast in a Paramount Pictures film, tentatively titled Talento de Barrio (Barrio talent). Ayala says that although the movie is not autobiographical, it does represent the lives of himself and others living on the streets of Latin America. The movie is expected to première on DVD in Spring 2006.

Also due out in 2006 is Ayala's own clothing line, named DY. He has also teamed up with Reebok to have his own shoes and sporting goods, also to be available on May 23, 2006

Source:


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it too Lu. If anybody likes it there is usually a reggaeton remix version of just about any song. Its great music to dance to...honestly i do a little salsa/merenge' music when i do the dishes...lol

Sun Apr 16, 10:21:00 PM  
Blogger Luanne said...

lol cool. OK, so where do we find this reggaeton remix version of any song? That's what I want to check out. Anyplace in Olean play this? I've heard that there is a Steeldrum band or maybe just instructors in the Olean area. I want to find them too. I love the Steeldrum sound and that Caribbean music. Let me know if you ever hear of someplace where this type of music is playin' I love it!!

Tue Apr 18, 11:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web luanne.blogspot.com