Google
 
Web luanne.blogspot.com

Monday, April 03, 2006

What are the health benefits of cinnamon

A couple of weeks ago, I was reading an article telling me that if I wanted to increase my metabolism, that all I would need to do was to add 1 tsp. of cinnamon to my daily diet, so I started doing that along with a 1 tbsp of baking cocoa into my coffee because I understand that dark chcolate is good for you too. Boy, did I enjoy that dark chocolate bar I bought from Aldi's a few weeks ago lolol. I'll use whatever womenly excuse I can to eat some chocolate :-) I'd be interested to hear from others on their experiences with the use adding of cinnamon tablets to their daily diet. Did you see where it made a difference? I also read on a USDA website that taking cinnamon can help to decrease your blood sugar level. I'm still likin' that metabolism angle ;-) Wow it'also mentions on that same website where it's beneficial in controlling cholesterol also. It all goes back to the caveman days when I'm sure they used to knaw on some cinnamon bark. We are such an unhealthy society, myself included.

And of course, as I dig deeper from what I believe to be reputable sources where they discuss the advantages of cinnamon in reference to diabetes.

And last but not least, this would be the very best reason to have a jar of cinnamon in your cupboard:

Cinnamon oil, they found, kills mosquito larvae more effectively than DEET, a common pesticide and mosquito repellent. The next step is to test it against adult mosquitoes.

Now I'm curious to know if you should rub the cinnamon oil on your skin or if
just by eating the cinnamon tablets alone will keep those nasty critters
off of your skin.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web luanne.blogspot.com