Google
 
Web luanne.blogspot.com

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Apples, Oranges & Raisins Recipe

I have been trying to watch what I eat lately and let me tell ya, the fruit alone is getting pretty boring and plus, my poor apples were starting to die. So anyway, yesterday, I decided to clean out my refridgerator of the excess fruits I had in the fruit drawer. I cut up 2 apples, 2 oranges and poured about 1/4 cup of raisins into the bowl and covered them with about 1/4 cup of coconut flakes (I have a ton of them for a very tasty, yet fattening treat, which I have NO business eating LOL). So I grabbed one of my Betty Crocker cookbooks to see if I could find something else which would maybe spruce up my fruit salad. I found something similar to what I had already started throwing together and the dressing below really added a bit of a kick to my fruit. It was yummy. Try this out:

2 T of lemon juice
2 T of honey
1/4 t. of cinnamon

Mix the juice, honey and cinnamon all together, then drizzle it over the fruit. Don't stir it all together until after you let it set for awhile in the fridge. I left mine for about 2 hours, pulled it out, stirred it up and enjoyed the fruit with this different twist. Try it, I'll bet you'll enjoy it.

Supposedly coconut is a "good fat"

Labels:


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That does sound yummie!!

Sun Jan 21, 03:02:00 PM  
Blogger Luanne said...

yep, it sure is. I get bored with straight fruit all the time, but you never know what else to spruce it up with that won't defeat the purpose of trying to keep it healthy.

Sun Jan 21, 03:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web luanne.blogspot.com