Google
 
Web luanne.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Should I ask a guy out on a first date?

Here is what one man (Don: aka: skibum19682000@yahoo.com) had to say about this:

OK here is my input on the subject of girls asking guys out. OK here goes,since you all have figured out.....lol. I take everything really seriously and always take people for their word,that makes me really gullible. I know i am deathly afraid to ask any woman out on a date,almost to the point that i would rather be shot than ask a simple question as a date. I guess it is because i as others fear rejection. Life sort ta sucks for me because i am that way and it really makes it hard for me.

OK here we go on the subject of weather a lady should ask a gent out on a date, I think it would be flattering to have a lady ask me out on a date. More than likely I would gladly accept the invite if i had the cash to cover the date.

So on the question should a lady ask a man out on a date? Sure! But let me pose these questions to you:

1. if she asks should she pay for the date or should the guy be a man and insist on paying for the date so as she doesn't feel she has been used?

2. If she asked the man out should she make all the plans for the date?

3. Should he drive or should she drive?

4. Is it OK for the man to sneak a bottle of wine or sparkling grape juice with a blanket in case they decide to spend some time outside in a nature setting so as there are no other people to interrupt the conversation?

5. LOL Last and least of all should they both shut their cellphones off during the date?

God this is a messed up world at times..........who knows what is right and wrong anymore.

All i can say about the question should a lady ask a guy out on a date........YES Ladys go for it!!! I know there are others like me out there that are afraid to ask for a date. That's why there are so many of us that are single and still looking for love and happiness in this world of ours. Well it is time for me to stumble back off this soap box and let someone else have their say.


I couldn't agree with you more on why there are so many of us who are single. Sometimes I guess we need to "step out of the box" (ie: our comfort zone) and just take a chance. Just always remember to be prepared for a possible rejection. Good luck.

Another guy wrote:
Don't get caught up in tradition. Get aggressive!! If a man
can not handle your approaching him because he is supposed to be
the aggressor, then ultimatly he's going to think your place is
in the kitchen!!


My response: good point


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hearing all that makes me feel better. There is a guy that I want to ask out. We started talking over msn, as we found each other profiles on a dating site. We have been talking for about two weeks, already seem to be really good for eachother. At least thats what I think. I haven't had any luck finding another boyfriend since my last one. I have friends of course but miss that "love" that a bf/gf share, all the fun times. I have been on 8 dates so far since my last bf, but none of the have gone to a second date. What have I done wrong? I truly want this one to work!! Please help...

Mon Oct 17, 11:37:00 PM  
Blogger Luanne said...

Hang in there. Have you ever heard the saying "you have to kiss a few frogs" before you'll meet your prince. Heck, I'm over 40 years old, I've never been married and have still not found Mr. Right and I have not given up!!! So you hang in there and enjoy. Also, don't forget to practice safe sex if you find someone you really really like. Nothing wrong with friendship first. :-)

Luanne

Tue Oct 18, 01:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web luanne.blogspot.com